Tuesday, May 26, 2009

Kickoff to Summer

I have always loved Memorial Day because it always symbolizes the start of my most favorite season of all....SUMMER!! (Summer was my least favorite season during our time in Texas, but now that we're in a more temperate climate, it has moved back into the top spot again!) We spent the day "stimulating the economy!!!" We got some good deals on some big outdoor purchases that we have been eyeing for a while so we took the plunge and bought a new gas grill...And a new firepit...
We spent the evening cooking hot dogs and chicken on the grill and making s'mores with the firepit. We all had fun enjoying the beatiful day and weather!!

And in honor of the true reason why we celebrate Memorial Day, here is Abby singing a tribute to her Grandpa Don (the Marine Corp anthem!!)...


5 comments:

KT said...

Awesome backyard! Looks like a lot of fun.

Amy said...

Woo-hoo! Great purchases--they look like a blast.

Jami said...

How in the world did you teach her that song. Amazing!! I just barely got Joseph to sing "I'm a Child of God" Abby's a cutie. It looks like you had a fun holiday. It is really heating up here.

Stephanie said...

Your backyard is huge! It looks like you had a great Memorial Day and are all ready for summer! I am also impressed by Abby; she has such a great memory. I love hearing her sing all of her songs; she is a cutie!

Matt & Andrea said...

Congrats on the BBQ and the fire pit. I'm still trying to talk Matt into getting a fire pit for our back yard. And Abby was amazing! She has really good pitch! I'll be looking for her first album here in a couple years!