Tuesday, September 15, 2009

The Decorating Bug

We would really like to get into a home of our own so that we can start decorating it. To help ease my "decorating bug" while we wait for the right house to come along, I decided to do a few fun projects for the kids' rooms.
I made and painted a hanging board for Abby's artwork...



And painted a shelf for Abby's many princess Barbie dolls...


I even found a way to display her princess dresses in her room by painting these little hooks...

Of course, I couldn't leave Landon out of all of this. I finally finished the cross-stitch for his room (it just took 15 months!!) I actually had it mostly completed before he was born, but then it took me a long time to put on the finishing touches and frame it.

So there you go!! We may not have a house of our own yet, but at least I got to be a little creative with these projects.

5 comments:

Amy said...

All your projects look GREAT!!! Maybe I'll dare to do some decorating...

Kudos on the cross stitch. That takes a whole LOT of patience!

Stephanie said...

Good job! It is nice to have personal touch in the rooms. Even if you cannot paint the house you can still hang things to make it more "yours".

Rachel B. said...

Caaa-ute! And very creative. I really love the art work display board. Did you get those giant clothes pins from Hobby Lobby by any chance? I just might want to copy that idea for our loft. And those princess dresses! Abby and Reese really would be great little friends (or maybe fight with their similarities ;) ). Great job with everything!

Marissa Marie said...

It's so fun, huh? I wouldn't mind have an unlimited decorating budget, I don't think it would ever grow old! Cute stuff. :)

Becky said...

Great job on adorable projects! I'm getting on the decorating kick right now too. Seems that with the change of seasons I want better stuff to look at inside my house.

Congrats on the primary program too. What a proud day that always is for the kids and for their parents.