Sunday, September 13, 2009

A sigh of relief...

That is what I am doing right now....breathing that huge proverbial sigh of relief. Why you all ask? Because the Children's Sacrament Meeting Presentation is OVER for another year!! Wahoo!!
The primary kids did an incredible job and I was so impressed with the way things turned out. I always enjoy these programs each year, but I have to admit that I enjoy them more when I am not one of the ones in charge of putting it together. We had some hairy-scary practice moments, but in the end, it all came together and there was a very special spirit the permeated the chapel today.
I really didn't think I would ever want this calling to be Primary President, but I have to admit now that I am loving it. I have great counselors, wonderful primary teachers, and of course the best part of all, such great and amazing kids to work with.
As much as I enjoy being in Primary though, I am definitely glad the program is over and we can all relax a little bit as we finish out the year. Hallelujah!!!

5 comments:

Marissa Marie said...

We had ours today too...it was great! I don't think you can go too far wrong with the primary program. :)

Amy said...

I'm glad everything went well for you! Thanks again for driving out so far to see us! It was fun to hang out and chat in real life again!

Jennifer said...

Yeah! I'm glad you got to have it earlier rather then later! Eat some ice cream and enjoy the moment. You deserve it. Maybe lunch at the Dutch place is a good reward too. :)

Steph Thomas said...

Reading this makes me even more nervous!!! AHH!! I am the chorister and I worry so much that it is going to be a total disaster. I am glad yours went so well.

Anonymous said...

Dadra, Jason had said that you would be glad when it was over. I'll bet it was wonderful. I am glad to hear you are truly enjoying the calling. After working in so may different callings I find it interesting that I worry so much about each new calling because I always learn to love it and find that the Lord always steps in and helps me do what needs to be done. I'll bet you are a wonderful President and bring a lot of strength to the presidency.