Saturday, September 19, 2009

Running Update

Well, I just completed my longest run for my marathon training program this morning (22 miles.) Now I taper for the next three weeks until the BIG day on October 10th. My training has gone really well up to this point so I am hoping to have a good marathon experience. Everyone keeps telling me how hilly the Baltimore Marathon is so I've tried to incorporate lots of hills into my workouts. We'll see how that works out. Time for me to get some new shoes for the 3rd time this year. I swear I'm keeping that running store in Frederick in business with all of my purchases this year (I'm loving my Asics Nimbus 11 shoes, too bad they're so darn expensive.) And check out my fitness ticker. I'm rapidly closing in on 1000 miles. I'm not sure if I should just leave it at 1000 or increase my goal to have something to keep working for after the marathon. What do you all think???

6 comments:

losing my needles said...

Do you go to If the Shoe Fits? My bishop owns that store, and half of the people who work there are from the ward. If you get the right person, they give you the lds discount. :) Horray for the taper! It was nice to do 12 today, but it'll be even nicer to do 8 next week. But at least now that we've come so close, I'm not so nervous about the actual race.

Rachel B. said...

I think you're CRAZY! But also AWESOME! How do you find the time with being Primary President, 2 kiddos, and just regular life? Keep it up wonder woman!

Kerri said...

Wow! Keep it at 1000. Then set a new goal to finish the year on if you want. That's my opinion. I just can't wait to read your post that says I RAN 1000 MILES!! Can we come to your marathon and see you in action??

Melissa said...

You will do awesome! Good luck!!!

Stephanie said...

I agree with Kerri on the goal. I cannot believe your marathon is already approaching. I'm excited to hear how you do. Are Abby and Landon going to come to cheer you on?

Heidi said...

Good luck on the big run! I'm totally jealous right now that you can run. I injured my knee doing a 5K. That was 5 months ago and it acts up any time I workout on it. Grrr...

So, here's an idea for your next goal. My old office used to do this thing called "Walk to Cancun" (or wherever). You could pick a place you want to visit (like Utah, hint hint) and then run all the miles to get there. When you reach your goal, buy a ticket and go!