Tuesday, July 5, 2011

Hospital...Day 2

It was really hard for me to watch my little family leave that night to sleep at home. Nolan and I had a rough night with lots of interruptions by different nurses so when I was given the option to go home on Wednesday rather then Thursday, I decided to go for it. I was feeling great (amazing what a difference delivering a 7 lb baby vs. an almost 10 lb. baby can make!!) and once Nolan received a clean bill of health, we were ready to make our way home that afternoon.

I did get a chance to try out my new carrier while we were still in the hospital waiting for our discharge to go through. It's a Baby K'Tan and I LOVE it (so does Nolan!!)


Some final moments of rest before leaving the hospital...





I felt really good about my decision to leave the hospital early. It was nice to come home and have everyone together again. That night both Nolan and I got some much needed rest. He slept from 11 p.m. until 5 a.m. when I finally woke him up to eat. He's been consistently sleeping for a good 5-6 hour stretch, eating, and then going back to sleep for 3-4 more hours. Can't ask for much better than that!!

2 comments:

Marisa said...

Oh congrats, congrats, congrats!!!! He is so adorable. He completely looks like he belongs in your family already!!! Isn't the hospital hard? I remember being so bored this last time and you never can quite sleep well. So I'm glad you were well enough to be able to go home. And what a lucky lady to already be getting so much sleep. We just accomplished that feat when Cole was about 4 months old. So you are pretty lucky :)!!!

Amy said...

Hooray! Congrats! He is so handsome. Seriously, he is one good-looking newborn. Glad he's sleeping so well for you-that's great!