Friday, March 1, 2013

Peanut Butter Power Balls

I am always on the lookout for good, healthy, non-processed snacks that my kids will actually eat and enjoy. Here is the latest recipe that my kids are loving. We call them "Peanut Butter Power Balls" and the original recipe can be found here: http://chocolatecoveredkatie.com/2011/08/24/peanut-butter-cookie-dough-cookies/ (one of my new favorite desert blogs!) You should definitely check out her other recipes, but here's the recipe (slightly modified) in case you don't want to go there...
 
* 1/2 cup peanut butter
(I use freshly ground natural peanut butter from our local farm market so it has no added sugars or oil)
*3/4 cup raisins
*1/4 c. roasted peanuts (I use the lightly salted kind)
* 1/4 t. pure vanilla extract
 
Blend everything in a food processor (I'm loving my Ninja I got for V-Day)...
 
 
Form into 1 inch balls (I can get about 18-20 balls from this recipe)...
 
Wrap in cellophane and store in fridge until ready to eat!
 
These are easy, quick and my kids love them. A win-win-win in my book!

1 comment:

Steph Thomas said...

We have a power ball recipe that we like too. I might have to try these some time. That is cool you got a Ninja. I have been commenting to Chris that I want a Ninja blender.