Wednesday, May 8, 2013

Day in Baltimore

In mid-April we headed down to Baltimore to celebrate my nephew's birthday. Jason ended up getting really sick that week and decided it was best that he stay home. I was a bit nervous about taking all the kids by myself (mostly because I was driving into Baltimore, I like Jason to do our big-city driving.) But I didn't want to miss out on Coldon's birthday fun and my sister Lara was also coming with her family from North Carolina for the weekend so I put on my "big girl pants" and made the trip.
 
 We started at the National Aquarium...
 
 
 
 
We enjoyed ourselves there, but admittedly it wasn't as fun as it has been during our other visits. They no longer do the dolphin shows and were doing quite a bit of construction. We were glad to get in one more visit on our yearly membership, but needless to say, we decided not to renew for another year.
 
After lunch, we headed a few blocks over to Port Discovery, a three-level kid's paradise!! All the kids had a blast and they had something there for everyone (we had kids aged under 2 to 15 years with us and they all had a great time!) 
 
 
I only got a few pictures of the water room because we were just too busy having fun (plus without Jason, I was a bit busy trying to keep all 3 kids close by!) We did decide to purchase a family membership though so that we can bring Jason back plus hopefully the grandparents when they visit this summer.
 
We had such a great time and it was pretty hard for us to say good-bye (Abby always starts crying when we have to leave her cousins...reminds me of myself at that age!) Fortunately we get to see them all again this summer at the beach!!
 
We left Baltimore a little later than I wanted and it took me about 45 minutes just to get out of the city (the GPS in our van needs an update...I ordered the updated DVD as soon as I got home!) At one point I called Jason to see if he could navigate us home but finally I found a street that I recognized and was able to make the rest of the journey home fairly smoothly. Trying to navigate and drive in a big city is one of my least favorite things to do, but it was worth it for the fun memories we made in Baltimore that day!

2 comments:

Steph Thomas said...

Way to put on your big girl panties and take the kids. It is much better with our husbands helping us but sometimes we just have to do it ourselves. Seeing jellyfish in an aquarium is much cooler then seeing them at the beach where they might sting you:) What an awesome place to go have some fun:)

losing my needles said...

Driving in Bmore makes me nervous as well. I'm glad that you mentioned that the aquarium is not at its best right now, Jesse wants to go back, so it's good to know that it's not a good time. :)