Wednesday, June 19, 2013

Houston Adventure -- Lake Livingston

We spent our first full week of summer vacation in Texas. Our trip also coincided with Jason's sister's visit which meant that our kids had a blast hanging out with all of their Call cousins and grandparents. We spent Monday at Lake Livingston. A family in their stake owns a house right on the lake and we took full advantage of all the different activities it had to offer (Jason and I also dreamt about how fun it would be to own a home on the lake...a vacation right outside your front door everyday! Not sure you would ever want to go to work or do household chores with that temptation though!)
 
 
We especially enjoyed the kayaks and paddleboat...
 
 
 
Landon  enjoyed jumping into the lake from the pier, but was a bit more hesitant about the water slide and the high dive.
 
Abby of course, had no fear and jumped right off the rood of the pier again and again.
 
She even joined her Dad on one jump!!
 
 
(I even dared to jump off the top deck too, although I think I messed up my eardrum because it hurt for the rest of the night. See where giving into peer pressure leads you!!!)
 
The house was beautiful and also had all kinds of playground equipment for the kids to enjoy, although we spent 95% of our time in the water (and we all ended up with a bit of a sunburn to prove it!)
 
Nolan was so exhausted by the end of the day that he fell asleep right in his floatie. A pretty nice place to nap if you ask me!
 
It was a great way to start off our summer as well as our trip to Texas!!!

2 comments:

Steph Thomas said...

Holy COW!! What a house. I think I may fear that my house would go under. That literally is on the lake, not just by it. That is a great way to start off the summer.

Rachel B. said...

That looks like so much fun! I can't believe Abby jumping from that high. What a dare devil! And so cute of Nolan asleep in the raft.



P.S. Please "steal" away. Like I said, everything I did was from pinterest anyway. :)