Tuesday, June 4, 2013

Talent Show

On Friday, May10th, Abby participated in her school talent show. She really, really (and I mean really) wanted to sing "Call Me Maybe" for her talent this year but luckily with much coercing I was able to convince her to pick a different song. She ended up picking "When Will My Life Begin" from Tangled and did a stellar job. And since there were three other acts that night with kids performing "Call Me Maybe," we were all glad that she had chosen something else.
 
Before the show began, Nolan provided much of the pre-show entertainment...
 
 
 
 
Here is Abby getting fitted with her microphone...
 
She wore the yarn wig that my mom made for her last time she was out visiting and she looked so adorable singing her little heart out! 
 
After her performance, she decided that she wants to become known as the "Disney Princess" girl with her talent show performances. Since she sang Jasmine's "A Whole New World" last year she is already trying to come up with her "princess" idea for next year.
 
I cannot imagine the courage it takes to sing in front of a large audience of mostly strangers at such a young age, but Abby hardly bats an eye. She is a natural performer and talent shows are right up her ally!

1 comment:

Steph Thomas said...

She has always been such a singer. I am sure that she would have been the best singer of Call Me Maybe but I am glad she chose a different song as well as everybody else I am sure. What a fun thing for her to do.