Friday, September 6, 2013

First Day of Kindergarten!

Landon's big first day happened on Thursday, August 22nd. He seemed pretty excited about it all. I, on the other hand, was pretty nervous. I knew academically he was completely ready for this new phase of life, but all day Kindergarten is kind of tough and I know his stubborn streak can be difficult to deal with at times. Plus how in the world is this little guy old enough to be in school already?!?!

But there was no stubbornness in sight on this day...just pure five-year-old excitement!!
 
 
 


He looked so very small heading into that big school. I cannot believe my little man is in Kindergarten. These last five years have flown by so quickly and its been tough to watch him take this big step of being away from me all day!
 
 


Here is his teacher, Mrs. Allen. I was a little disappointed because she is having a baby next month and Landon doesn't do extremely well with change, but it is what it is. Landon seems to really like her though and hopefully her long-term sub will be a good one while she is out on maternity leave.


All set and ready to learn! I was so worried that he might start to cry when we left him, but he handled it well and seemed ready to get down to business. I was very brave until I left his classroom and then the tears started to flow. Another one of my babies at school all day!!


This time we remembered our IDs so that we could walk Abby to her classroom as well. She is so excited to have Ms. Townsend and she has several of her friends in her class this year too.
 

It was fun to hear both of them coming home with lots of exciting details from their day!!

No comments: