Thursday, June 18, 2015

Somebody is Seven!!

On Thursday, June 4th this little boy turned 7 years old. How in the world is this even possible???? Landon has given me quite the introduction to boyhood...all of its wonder, grossness, amazement, silliness, craziness. Yup we've had it all with this one!! He is so incredibly smart, athletic and energetic. We are working on being a bit more obedient and kind to others, but he amazes me with his ability to understand things way beyond his seven years of life experience. I love this boy so very much and am so grateful Heavenly Father sent him to our family!!

I ate lunch with him at school that day (always an adventure in craziness and patience!!) and then after Jason came home from work we opened up some presents.

He got some Minecraft figures (to go along with his birthday party in a couple of days)...

And was obviously super excited about some new Pokemon cards!!

He ended up getting over $100 in cash and gift cards from family and friends and now he feels like one rich little boy!!

We ended the evening with a meal at Golden Corral (why do my kids have to love that place so much?) and then came home to a birthday cookie and candles!

This boy is full of spunk and smarts and definitely gives my parenting abilities a run for their money. Things that have worked with Abby just don't work with Landon, and that's okay. I am still trying to figure this parenting thing out and maybe by the time they all leave home I will have figured it all out (but probably not!!) I sure do love my firstborn boy though.

Happy Birthday Landon Man!!

No comments: