Wednesday, June 17, 2015

Trip to Grand Junction

On May 22, Maylie and I headed to Grand Junction, Colorado to spend 5 days with my parents and oldest sister, Tami. My dad recently started Chemotherapy to help control the tumors that have started to spread again so we thought a little visit from this little one (and me!) might be a nice "pick-me-up" for both my parents.

Gotta love those sink baths!!

Maylie was quite interested in Shadow. She is pretty much just a black version of our Cooper and didn't seem to mind this little person too much.

My parents and my sister hadn't seen Maylie since her baby blessing at 2 months so it was fun for them to see her at this fun age.

She has been making this hilarious face lately. I think she thinks she is giving us a big smile!!



Grandma with her littlest grandchild!!

We ate out at a few fun restaurants around the area. My dad was pretty weak, but did well for short periods of time when we would go out to do things. Most of the time we spent at home though, just talking, playing with Maylie, and watching a few movies.

It was fun to see my old ward building and a few of the ward members that I still know.

I sure do love my oldest sister and she spent a lot of time with us during our visit.

Maylie grew to love her Aunt Tami too!!


Maylie is at such a fun age and didn't seem to mind being held by just about everyone. Her little smile just melted everyone she met!


We went to Alasha's (my stillborn sister) grave on Memorial Day to bring some decorations. It was neat to see so many people there honoring those who have passed on.

We also visited the plaque for my Grandparents and Aunt Teresa and Uncle Ron.

Again, that face just kills me!!

Our little firecracker!!

The day before I left we got to visit with Tami and Jeff at their home and they took us out to lunch at a fun spot in Fruita, Colorado where they live.


It was such a nice visit. My Dad isn't used to feeling so tired and weak so it's been pretty tough on him. He is now finished with three treatments and has five more to go. I sure hope it works to shrink those tumors so all this pain will be worth it in the end. We get to see my parents again in a couple of weeks at the Outer Banks which we are all excited about!

No comments: