Monday, November 26, 2007

Thanksgiving

We had a wonderful Thanksgiving at our home this year. My sister Lara and her family arrived on Wednesday night and stayed through Saturday and my sister Tasha and her husband came in the next day around noon and also stayed through the weekend. Jason made an excellent turkey and we all enjoyed eating the delicious food. We ended up having 9 adults and 4 children for Thanksgiving dinner including my two cousins and one of Tasha's friends from work. I was a little worried about how we would accomodate so many people, but everything went very smoothly and we all enjoyed a wonderful day of thanks.

Here are a couple of cousins pictures we took over the weekend. Chloe (9), Paige (4), Abby (21 months) and Tyler (18 months) all had a great time playing together.


I am not sure why so many people are anxious to skip over Thanksgiving and move on to Christmas. I think Thanksgiving is such a wonderful holiday where we are surrounded by loved ones and can eat such great food all day long. We had a great time having everyone at our home this year and we hope to be able to do it again soon!!

6 comments:

Marisa said...

I'm so glad you got to be with family for thanksgiving. isn't is such a great holiday? I agree with you on that one!

losing my needles said...

Dadra- It's Lauren from BYU. I found your blog from Rachel's which I found from Marisa's. So I can't help notice you live in MD. Where? I'm in Frederick. Maybe you don't want to answer that on your blog. email me- laurenamarkham@yahoo.com

Heidi said...

That's awesome that Lara got to be out there for turkey day. Holidays are way more fun with little people around. That's a cute bunch of kiddies.

Amy said...

Glad you had a good one. I agree with you about not passing over Thanksgiving too quickly. With all the busy-ness of Christmas and with how commercialized it's become, it's nice to take some time to just be with family and pause and remember how many things we have to be thankful for!

Rachel B. said...

Okay, so I just can't believe that that is Chloe! Crazy! That is so great that you hosted Thanksgiving at your house. And Jason made the turkey?! Great job! I am terrified of doing that someday. I love that 2 of your sisters live so close to you. How nice would that be?

Alona said...

Even though you weren't with us :( I'm glad you had a good one with family!