Thursday, December 6, 2007

Let it Snow!!

It's interesting how in my last post I mentioned that all we were needing was a little snow to really get me in the Christmas spirt, and lo and behold, my wish was granted. We received our first snowfall yesterday and it was so pretty to wake up to. It snowed pretty much the whole day and it was so much fun to watch. We did go out in it first thing in the morning and Abby loved playing and running through it, but I didn't have my camera with me (I know, bad blogger!!) I did take this picture today because I just think it is so beautiful. A lot of it has melted already (we probably got about 4 inches or so) but you can still get the idea. We have this small hill that runs from our frontyard to our backyard so we are hoping to get a little sled for Abby to try out on it. She loved the slip n' slide this summer, so I think she will really enjoy sledding too. I just realized that it has been four years since I have lived in a place where it snows, so maybe this is why I am so excited about it. Probably in another month or so you'll hear me complaining about it, but for now, I think it's wonderful!!!



3 comments:

Heidi said...

I just recently wrote a blog complaining about the snow. Way to have a good attitude Dadra. Maybe I just need to have a reason to miss it.

Rachel B. said...

I'm with Heidi on the complaining end. It is really pretty though! That's a great idea to get Abby a sled. She's seems to be such a little dare-devil that she would probably love that! The other day on The Ellen show she was talking about different cities that she was thinking of visiting for a day with her show and one of them was Hagerstown. She decided against it, but goooo Hagerstown for getting a mention!

Alona said...

Did you know it has been in the 80s here? I'm still super jealous! We're excited to see you guys in a few days!