Thursday, December 27, 2007

Trip to Texas

Well, we have a lot of catching up to do since it feels like we've been absent from the blogging world for a while. We got back last Friday from a week long stay in Texas. We had a good time with Jason's family and they all enjoyed seeing how much Abby has grown and changed during the last six months. I spent 3 of our 7 days there sick (not sure if it was a bug or some second-trimester morning sickness, but either way, it wasn't too much fun.) We were able to squeeze in a fun trip to Galveston and Abby really enjoyed feeding the seagulls. (If you've ever seen the Alfred Hitchcock movie, "The Birds" that is what it felt like to have hundreds of seagulls hovering over us, waiting for their own little morsel of bread and popcorn...amazingly, Abby wasn't frightened by them at all.) We had a lot of fun trying out their new Wii and Jason and I are seriously thinking about getting one for ourselves. That says a lot because I have never been a fan of video games, but this one is actually pretty fun and I like that it requires more than just thumb and eye coordination. We also enjoyed having our own little Christmas there a week early and Abby has become an expert at opening presents now. Here is a little slideshow with some videos of our Texas adventure...

6 comments:

Alona said...

Looks like a fun trip to Galveston! It was sure good to see you guys! I'll have to email you the pictures I took when you came to our house to see Jen's furniture! Cute!

Marissa Marie said...

That's pretty cute! Glad you had a fun time.

Rachel B. said...

Yeah, I'm glad you're back. And I'm glad you had fun!

Stephanie said...

Those are some cute pictures. You know Damien and I have been considering getting a Wii and looked into it, but they have been sold out for the past four months everywhere and stores do not expect to get them in until the end of January, possibly February and then it is luck whether or not the store has them in stock due to the huge Christmas rush. Interesting, Nintendo signed a deal to make 1 million Wii's for Gamestop to sell before Christmas so they are busy making those orders through January before they make more to sell to other people (they do not have huge production rates on Wii's). My point is, good luck, Damien and I are really looking into it as well, but unless you buy the online $600 package they are hard to come by for awhile.
Plus, although they are fun studies show you do not really burn any more calories on the Wii as on any other video games. Just some interesting facts I came across while researching.

Stephanie said...

I have to revise my statement a little bit. I guess those were all just guesses because we were at the pet store today and decided to stop by Best Buy since it was next door just to see if they had some Wii's. They had just gotten a shipment in that day and were almost sold out so we got one. I guess Microsoft was ahead in their production from what Game Stop said and other stores are getting Wii's in (or the lady didn't know what she was talking about). Anyway, just thought I'd let you know. I noticed I wrote all this info as a response to a different post than when you were even talking about Wii's. It took me awhile to find it. Sorry.

Stephanie said...

Never mind, I am just retarded. Here is to one more comment just to prove that fact.