Wednesday, October 12, 2011

New Runner in the Family

So while I was busy making and having a baby, Jason decided to become the official "runner" of the family. He and a friend have been training since last Spring together and they have really kept each other motivated. After a few months of training, they decided to sign up for the Richmond Marathon in November along with the half-marathon they had already decided to run.

On Saturday, September 10th Jason ran and completed the Western Maryland Half Marathon (the same one I did last year.) Here he is with about 3 miles to go...still looking strong. (This is a pretty small race and the kids and I were the only spectators/cheerleaders at this point of the race. It was kind of bittersweet to be on this end of racing. It was fun to cheer all the runners on, but a part of me really wished I was out there with them. Give me a bit more time, and I will be!!)


Here he is racing the finish. He completed the course in 2:06 and felt pretty good about his efforts. Now on to the full marathon in November!!

3 comments:

Julie said...

So proud of Jason. Dadra, look what you have started. I'm sure you will be out there again running with Jason as the children get older. Who knows, maybe Abby, Landon and Nolan will be running with you both some day. It's a great way to keep fit.

Steph Thomas said...

C-R-A-Z-Y!! I am glad that both of you like to run that much. I wish I were there with you.

Stephanie said...

Good job Jason! Maybe your next marathon could be together. I've always wanted to do that, but then married someone with lung issues. I didn't think that through too well. Ha ha. Really, that is impressive. He looks very confident and strong while running. I bet you are a very proud wife.