Thursday, October 13, 2011

Princess for a Day

On Saturday, September 17th, Abby and I attended a "Princess for a Day" party put on by the county recreation department. Abby looked just like a princess in her Sleeping Beauty gown and curly blonde hair!


Each girl got some tokens that they got to spend on some fun princess treats and prizes of their choosing. Abby chose a wand, some bracelets, a necklace and some stickers.

Next on to the Princess "Fairy Dust" table...

And a picture with a painted princess!

She was also treated to a little princess "makeover" complete with glitter for her hair and a jeweled heart on her cheek!



They had some "real princesses" in attendance too (Miss Teen Washington County and Miss Washington County!!)

And what princess party would be complete without a fun little obstacle course to enjoy?!?!?

At the end of the party, we all enjoyed a little dancing...

And Abby demonstrated her own "princess groove!"
It was a very fun afternoon and I'm glad that we were able to share this day together. She said over and over again "Thank you mom for taking me to this princess party." It was definitely a big hit. We'll be attending a similar event this winter with Landon based on Superheroes. He'll love it I'm sure!!

3 comments:

Rachel B. said...

This is so cute! What a fun city(county) you live in. Abby looks so happy! Reese would love that I'm sure. I also have to tell you that when I saw the title to your post below, I was totally expecting to see Abby doing some sort of fun-run. :) So way to go Jason! Very impressive.

Stephanie said...

That is go great! And, I love that they do a super hero day as well. I wish we had something around here similar. She is so adorable, and really looks happy.

Steph Thomas said...

WOW!!! How awesome. You know, reading all your posts about so many fun community events makes me want to move there...not that we have any choice in the matter. What an awesome idea. I am glad you guys got to go together.